Anti ragging cell
Elegnat has a ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy towards Ragging. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the campus by law. The Anti Ragging Cell constituted in the College handles issues related to any act of ragging and strict action will be taken against the perpetrators of such incidents
The College is bound by the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009 dated 17 June 2009, as Gazetted on 4 July 2009 and the amendments thereto from time to time.
What Constitutes Ragging?
- Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
- Indulging in a rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Activities of Anti- Ragging Cell
- Anti Ragging warning in the campus, Prospectus and Student’s Handbook and Website
- Periodic Meetings of the Cell
- Awareness Sessions for Students and Parents
- Documenting written undertaking by Students and Parents
- Counselling and Mentoring for Students
Any student affected by or subjected to Ragging must lodge a complaint to any member of the Anti-Ragging Cell as displayed on the website and student handbook within three working days of the incident duly citing the date, time and place of the incident, name and details of the student/s involved and the nature / act of ragging